Since I’ve been trying to incorporate more mushrooms into my diet, I’m always looking for different ways to prepare them. Sautéing them and then putting them in sauce becomes boring really fast. I also have a secondary problem. I buy these beautiful vegetables at the farmers market every week, but I always end up with a little bit every bit that I haven’t used. I hate throwing away food. HATE it! Especially the product of the labor of local farmers. After scouring the pages of Pinterest, I took a combo of a few things I saw and made one of the tastiest dinners. I was also able to use more of some of the cherry tomatoes I bought at the Farmers Market.
Ingredients (for 1 serving)
*1-2 Portobello mushrooms
*2 slices of Trader Joe’s Pre-Sliced Mozzarella, cut into pieces
*About 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
*2 tsp olive oil
*2 cloves garlic
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Scoop out black part from mushroom and brush olive oil mixture onto bottom of mushroom. Put in 8×8 foil lined pan, cap side down.
- Combine remaining olive oil mixture with tomatoes and mozzarella, and salt and pepper. Fill mushroom with mixture.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes. Then drizzle with a balsamic glaze. (I reduced 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar with a tsp of raw sugar for about 10 minutes.)
- Serve alone, with pasta or whatever you want! I paired it with pasta and red sauce.
*Tomatoes from Ellwood Canyon Farms
*Portobello Mushroom from LAFungHi